2805 E 10th St
Don Strawser joined the Office of Online Education in
July 2013. He has worked for Indiana University since 2001, serving as a web developer, IT project manager, and IT manager for various units.
Prior to joining the Office of Online Education, Don worked as the IT manager for the School of Continuing Studies. He earned his M.S. in New Media from Indiana University and has a B.A. in philosophy from Vanderbilt University.
Don is also an adjunct lecturer for the Department of Telecommunications at IU Bloomington.
- Leads and manages technical support for the IU Online web portal, including the development of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design; designs and develops a variety of web-based database applications and projects as needed.
- Manages variety of ad-hoc and monthly reports regarding contact data, demographics, students, program interests, constituent issues, etc. Manages university-wide state authorization database. Develops and manages other databases as needed.
- Working with the senior academic leadership and OOE staff, facilitates and collaborates in the meetings and work of OOE’s strategic advisory committees.
- Makes recommendations to OOE senior academic leadership and staff regarding resource needs and services to support IU’s online academic programs, and works with OOE staff to develop and implement strategies to address those needs.
- Works with OOE senior academic leadership and staff to ensure effective and efficient operation of IU Online programs and services, as well as the Office of Online Education.